Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Jacob von Rueysdale - Winter Landscape,

Lovely winter scene by Jacob von Rueysdale with what looks to me like a sundog.  I love the mauve, cream and blue.  The figures are interesting - notice how much smaller they are in the middle ground than in the foreground giving the feeling of distance. 



Winter Landscape

 
I've been enjoying the music of  Georg Philipp Telemann Today's piece - Concerto in E minor for Flute and recorder.

And a link to almost four hours or Telemann:
Music of George Philipp Telemann 


I recommend the following book if you are enjoying the poems of A.A. Milne.


The Complete Poems of Winnie the Pooh



Today's poem is fun for Spring.

Twinkletoes

When the sun
Shines through the leaves of the apple-tree,
When the sun
Makes shadows of the leaves of the apple-tree,
Then I pass
On the grass
From one leaf to another,
From one leaf to its brother,
Tip-toe, tip-toe!
Here I go!



No comments:

Post a Comment