Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Friday, August 23, 2013

"At the Well" by Johann Georg Meyer von Bremen


 I enjoyed watching and listening to this Tocatta and Fugue in D by Johann Sebastian Bach . Dmitriev does an amazing  job of playing it on an accordian!

Two of Aileen Fisher's poems from I Heard a Bluebird Sing

        CLIMBING
The trunk of a tree
is the road for me
on a sunny summer day.

Up the bark
that is brown and dark
through tunnels of leaves that sway
and tickle my knees
in the trembly breeze,
that's where I make my way.

   Leaves in my face
   and twigs in my hair
   in a squeeze of a place,
   but I don't care!

Some people talk
of a summer walk
through clover and weeds and hay.

Some people stride
where the hills are wide
and the rocks are speckled gray.

But the trunk of a tree
is the road for me
on a sunny summer day.


   AT NIGHT

In the still dark depths
of the pines and birches,
day-birds sleep
on their hidden perches.

A woodchuck curls
in his burrow bed,
a squirrel in his leaf-nest
overhead.

And down in his tunnel
a chippy is dozing,
comfy and quiet 
and never supposing
that out in the starlight
a doe and a fawn
are picking his daisies
and mowing his lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment