Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Jacob Von Rueysdale - Two Undershot Watermills with Men Opening a Sluice, Georg Philipp Telemann - Dolce, A.A.Milne - Wind on the Hill

I really like the light as it falls on the water here as well as on the mill front and wall on the right in this painting by Jacob Von RueysdaleThe whole picture has a feel of cold and wind and you can almost hear the water rushing through the mill dam.  
Two Undershot Watermills with Men Opening a Sluice
 A lovely, peaceful, classical guitar piece today composed by  Georg Philipp Telemann - Dolce

And a poem by A.A. Milne 

    Wind on the Hill 

No one can tell me,
   Nobody knows,
Where the wind comes from,
   Where the wind goes.
 
It’s flying from somewhere
   As fast as it can,
I couldn’t keep up with it,
   Not if I ran.
 
But if I stopped holding
   The string of my kite,
It would blow with the wind
   For a day and a night.
 
And then when I found it,
   Wherever it blew,
I should know that the wind
   Had been going there too.
 
So then I could tell them
   Where the wind goes . . .
But where the wind comes from
   Nobody knows.     




No comments:

Post a Comment