Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sir Edwin Henry Landseer - The Stag, Franz Schubert - Symphony No. 5 in B Flat Major, William Wordsworth - My Heart Leaps Up

Sir Edwin Henry Landseer is an artist that I've admired since I saw a work of his in an old Childcraft Art & Music children's art appreciation book.  It is very hard to find biographies written about him though there are a few old copies.  He enjoyed painting animals.  This weeks painting is of a regal stag.
Scene in Braemar- Highland Deer

Our new musician is Franz Schubert.  You can read a wikipedia biographical sketch of his life and music here.

Our first featured piece of music by Schubert is Symphony No. 5 in B Flat Major.  I hope you enjoy this lovely piece of music.

A children's biography to consider is Franz Schubert - Franz Schubert and his merry friends by Opal Wheeler.

I'm still fascinated by William Wordsworth and we haven't had time yet to read a biography of his life so we plan to continue for another season with Wordsworth and his wonderful poetry.  If you're tired of his poetry you may want to look back in the archives for another poet.  

      My Heart Leaps Up

My heart leaps up when I behold
  A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
  Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be 
Bound each to each by natural piety.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen any of this artist's work. Thanks for sharing! Off to google image search him for more pieces.

    ReplyDelete