Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Friday, January 6, 2017

Mary Jane Q Cross - I have the perfect Lamb, Lord

We used to have a few sheep and I can't imagine how it would be to raise and then slaughter a Passover Lamb.  But I know that everything God gave under the old Covenant has meaning and symbolism in the new.  Jesus is our Passover Lamb and God gave up His beloved Son for us. I don't know all that Mary Jane had in mind when she wrote this poem, but I know that there are other times in our lives when God entrusts us with things or people and then asks us to give them up to Him. I love the expression on this little girl's face!  Her yielded, sober spirit.  May we always hold our best gifts up to the One who gave ALL for us!

    “I Have The Perfect Lamb Lord”

Yes Lord, I found the Perfect Lamb, born the other day
without defect, unblemished, perfect in every way

Let Him be mine for a Year Lord
Let Him be mine to love
I will care for and groom him before You
Until he flies like the dove

We’ll sit in the sun for hours
Laugh in the fields and play
Before You decide You need him
Please…      some long-day, forever away.

By  Mary Jane Q Cross BFH, ARCALM, IGOR    Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment