Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Mary Jane Q Cross - The Tender Caregiver

I apologize for the long delay in posting anything on this blog.  I have for a long time been planning on featuring a wonderful living artist and poet but my time has been so filled up that I haven't been able to put it together.  This series will be the last I plan to post for awhile due to how busy life is for me right now.  I won't be featuring any particular musician, but I'm excited to feature Mary Jane Q Cross who has graciously agreed to share her poetry and paintings with us for study with our children.  Her work is beautiful and meaningful and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I featured Mary Jane Q Cross briefly back in November 2013.  As I said then, I admire this artist greatly and I enjoy her paintings. Mary Jane paints with her fingertips.   Q Cross: The Painter Behind the Portraits is a documentary video about her work that I recommend you watch  with your children.  It's just under a half hour.

And here is a link to a website where you can view her artist's statement and paintings.   I also recommend her lovely book of poetry and paintings,  Poems of a Painter, Paintings of a Prayer.  It has full page paintings with the corresponding poems. 



 Mary Jane has shared a variety of her paintings and poetry for us to enjoy.  Today I'd like to feature The Tender Caregiver.  This painting touches me deeply as my Mom has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and I have the daily privilege of spending time helping her with the things that have become difficult in her life.  I love the tenderness and joy in each other expressed in this painting.  Though my mom still looks much younger, this is how I feel about her! 




The Tender Caregiver  
 by Mary Jane Q Cross

When I deeply needed your grace
Snow white hair on upturned face
Comes to mind in time and space
As comforting hands on heirloom lace.

Now the lace and hands are mine
Lives reversed but days entwined
Joy in treasured moments find
Your mothered moments come to mind

Days in sunlight, rain and wind
Gently fold our days within
This tide of family love and rest
Hours in sun, are my remembered best

Copyright 2014 Mary Jane Q Cross


No comments:

Post a Comment