Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Jacob von Rueysdale - Bentheim Castle, Georg Philipp Tlelemann - Concerto in E Major for Flute, Oboe d'amore, viola d'amore & Strings - Allegro, A.A. Milne - Halfway Down


I would love to visit this castle painted by Jacob von Rueysdale!  All the angles would be fun to try to draw - or if that is too complex for your young students, they could use tracing paper to trace the rooflines. 

Bentheim Castle

A lovely cheerful piece of music today by Georg Philipp Telemann  Concerto in E Major for Flute, Oboe d'amore, viola d'amore & Strings - Allegro.

 Our poem today by A.A.Milne is

           Halfway Down

Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair
Where i sit.
There isn't any
Other stair
Quite like
It.
I'm not at the bottom,
I'm not at the top;
So this is the stair
Where
I always
Stop.

Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up
And it isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head.
It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead!







2 comments:

  1. Always appreciate Milne:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't his poetry fun?! Always makes me smile....I'm glad you're enjoying it, too.

    ReplyDelete