Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Friday, January 6, 2012

Joseph Farquharson - The Winter's Glow; Ferdinando Carulli - Overture, and Amy Carmichael, Be Thou my Vision and Show the Way

"The Winter's Glow" is the last winter sheep painting I have planned for Joseph Farquharson - next week we will view a summer scene of sheep and then move on to some very different paintings of his.  His winter sheep scenes seem to me to have a comforting peacefulness to them.  Again there are a lot of wonderful details to take in if you take time to study this picture.




Today's piece by Ferdinando Carulli is called Overture.  This looks like a challenging piece to play but this young man plays it beautifully.  I enjoy the happy sound of Carulli's music.
Click the link below to listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOosYEJDS4o


The poems I've been sharing with you the past few weeks by Amy Carmichael are from a collection of her poems titled, Mountain Breezes.  I highly recommend this book.  It is my favorite book of poetry and I turn to it over and over again.  Amy's spiritual insights were deep and her word pictures are beautiful and touch my heart deeply.  


               BE THOU MY VISION
O Lord, we bring Thee these for whom we pray--
Be Thou their strength, their courage and their stay;
And should their faith flag as they run the race.
Show them again the vision of Thy face.


Be Thou their vision, Lord of Calvary.
Hold them to follow; hold them fast by Thee
O Thou who art more near to us than air,
Let them not miss Thee ever, anywhere.


             SHOW THE WAY
Order his steps, O Savior, lest he stray;
For all is new--he does not know the way.
Thy word is light; no other lantern, Lord,
Need we, nor ask we, but Thine own clear word.


Lord, give him grace, that he obey his light;
Courage and faith, lest he should fail in fight.
O knit his heart to Thee, that he be found
Steadfast in Thee, and in Thy statutes sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment