Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Elizabeth Gardener Bouguereau -

 I thought this painting by Elizabeth Gardener Bouguereau of the two girls feeding the bird was fun.  What kind of fruit do you think the girls are feeding the bird?  


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck


Ludwig Von Beethoven wrote the following beautiful and peaceful piece of music called "Pathetique" Sonata in C minor II Adagio Cantabile.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbF8tsNQ7k


I hope you have been enjoying the poetry of Amy Carmichael as much as I have!  Here are two more of her works.


                   FOR JESUS
Jesus, Savior, dost Thou see
When I'm doing things for Thee?
Common things, not great and grand:
Carrying stones, and earth and sand?


"I did common work, you know,
Many, many years ago;
And I don't forget.  I see
Everything you do for Me."


               JESUS' WAYS
If Jesus built a ship,
   She would travel trim;
If Jesus roofed a barn,
   No leaks would be left by Him;
If Jesus planted a garden,
   He would make it like Paradise;
If Jesus did my day's work,
   It would delight His Father's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment