Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Elizabeth Gardener Bouguereau - The Imprudent Girl, Ludwig Von Beethoven,- Spring and Amy Carmichael

What do you think is the story behind this painting by
Elizabeth Gardner Bouguereau?
Elizabeth Jane Gardner Bouguereau
The Imprudent Girl by Elizabeth Gardner Bouguereau


Ludwig Van Beethoven's Spring Sonata for Violin and Piano I Allegro is a beautiful piece.  I hope you enjoy it.

Poems by Amy Carmichael


          WHAT IS DISCIPLINE
When I refuse the easy thing for love of my dear Lord,
And when I choose the harder thing for love of my dear Lord,
And do not make a fuss or speak a single grumbling word;
  That is discipline.


When everything seems going wrong and yet I will not grouse,
When it is hot, and I am tired, and yet I will not grouse,
But sing a song and do my work in school and in the house;
  That is discipline.


When Satan whispers, "Scamp your work"--to say to him, "I won't,"
When Satan whispers, "Slack a bit"--to say to him, "I won't,"
To rule myself and not to wait for others' "Do" and "Don't";
  That is discipline.


When I look up and triumph over every sinful thing,
The things that no one knows about--the cowardly, selfish thing--
And when with heart and will I live to please my glorious King;
  That is discipline.


To trample on that curious thing inside me that says "I,"
To think of others always--never, never of that "I,"
To learn to live according to my Savior's word, "Deny";
  That is discipline.


   I WANT TO CLIMB
I want to climb the air;
I want to find the stair,
But I cannot find it anywhere.


I know quite well there are
Great things up there--far, far;
I should like to stand upon a star.


But though I cannot go
So far away, quite low
Many little, lovely, dear things grow.


    JOY IN THE MORNING
As surely as the shadows of night
Give way to the splendor of morning,
So, sorrow may lodge for a night,
But joy shall come in the morning.


O Giver of songs in the night,
O Lord of the stars of the morning,
We praise Thee, for Thou art our Light,
And Thy kindness is new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment