Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to All Things Bright and Beautiful. If you are new to this site, I would recommend that you read my very first entry - which is an introduction and welcome to this blog. You can view it here

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sir Edwin Henry Landseer - The Shoeing of the Bay Mare, Franz Schubert - Ave Maria

This painting was my introduction to Sir Edwin Henry Landseer.  Lots of details here for study.

Shoeing the Bay Mare - Sir Edwin Henry Landseer

 A lovely piece of music today by Franz Schubert - Ave Maria.

If you want more music by Schubert here is a link to five favorites - Best of Schubert.

I featured this poem in February, but I wanted to feature it again now that Spring is actually coming in Northern Minnesota, or is it?  There seems to be some contention about it, but God has promised that Spring will eventually come, so this poem is in faith that Spring is on its way, even here....

Lines Written in Early Spring

 
by William Wordsworth

I heard a thousand blended notes,
While in a grove I sate reclined,
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
Bring sad thoughts to the mind.

To her fair works did nature link
The human soul that through me ran;
And much it grieved my heart to think
What man has made of man.

Through primrose tufts, in that sweet bower,
The periwinkle trailed its wreaths;                         
And 'tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.

The birds around me hopped and played:
Their thoughts I cannot measure,
But the least motion which they made,
It seemed a thrill of pleasure.

The budding twigs spread out their fan,
To catch the breezy air;
And I must think, do all I can,
That there was pleasure there.                              

If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature's holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?



No comments:

Post a Comment